In this six-session small group Bible study, pastor and bestselling author Jim Cymbala explores the person and work of the Holy Spirit to bring a fresh sense of God’s power to your church and your life.
What happens when the Holy Spirit moves powerfully within a church? Through this six-session study you will learn how:
- To make room for the Spirit’s action in your life and in your church
- God wants to work through your gifts and talents to enable you to do what only he can do
- To listen for the voice of the Spirit in prayer and how to apply God’s Word to your life
- The Spirit can bring healing to your body, your emotions, and your relationships; how a life lived in the presence of the Spirit can transform the church and the world
Your church can become a place where people regularly experience God’s presence and his power.
- Agent in the Shadows (33:00)
- Power Source (27:00)
- The Best Bible Teacher (26:00)
- Water, Wind, and Fire (24:30)
- Who’s in Control? (25:00)
- Help When We Need it Most (26:00)
Appendix: A Long Night in Indianapolis
Designed for use with the When God’s Spirit Moves Participant Guide 9780310322238 (sold separately). When used together they provide a powerful catalyst for spiritual growth.
|Contributor(s)||Jim Cymbala , Dean Merrill|
|About the Contributor(s)||Jim Cymbala
Jim Cymbala has served as pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle for more than forty years. He is the author of many bestselling books, including Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire, The Church God Blesses, When God’s People Pray, Fresh Faith, and Spirit Rising. He lives in New York City with his wife, Carol, who directs the Grammy Award–winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. The Cymbalas have three children and eight grandchildren.
Dean Merrill, former publishing executive with Focus on the Family and International Bible Society, is author or coauthor of 31 books, including The God Who Won't Let Go and Sinners in the Hands of an Angry Church. He and his wife live in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
|Publish Date||Feb 7, 2011|