Do work that matters.
Productivity isn’t just about getting more things done. It’s about getting the right things done—the things that count, make a difference, and move the world forward. In our current era of massive overload, this is harder than ever before. So how do you get more of the right things done without confusing mere activity for actual productivity?
When we take God’s purposes into account, a revolutionary insight emerges. Surprisingly, we see that the way to be productive is to put others first—to make the welfare of other people our motive and criteria in determining what to do (what’s best next). As both the Scriptures and the best business thinkers show, generosity is the key to unlocking our productivity. It is also the key to finding meaning and fulfillment in our work.
What’s Best Next offers a practical approach for improving your productivity in all areas of life. It will help you better understand:
• Why good works are not just rare and special things like going to Africa, but anything you do in faith even tying your shoes.
• How to create a mission statement for your life that actually works.
• How to delegate to people in a way that actually empowers them.
• How to overcome time killers like procrastination, interruptions, and multitasking by turning them around and making them work for you.
• How to process workflow efficiently and get your email inbox to zero every day.
• How your work and life can transform the world socially, economically, and spiritually, and connect to God’s global purposes.
By anchoring your understanding of productivity in God’s purposes and plan, What’s Best Next will give you a practical approach for increasing your effectiveness in everything you do. This expanded edition includes a new chapter on productivity in a fallen world and a new appendix on being more productive with work that requires creative thinking.
|Contributor(s)||Matthew Aaron Perman|
|About the Contributor(s)||Matthew Aaron Perman
Matt Perman is director of Marketing at Made to Flourish and the author of What's Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done (Zondervan, 2014). He has an M.Div. in biblical and theological studies from Southern Seminary and a Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute. Prior to Made to Flourish, Matt served as director of strategy at Desiring God. Matt is a frequent speaker on the topics of leadership and productivity from a God‑centered perspective and also consults with businesses and non‑profits, focusing on startups devoted to solving large global problems. He blogs at www.whatsbestnext.com.
|Publish Date||Sep 13, 2016|