STUFF. It's everywhere. Lurking in corners and closets, spilling onto counters and coffee tables, creating havoc everywhere we look. And it's not just the physical clutter that weighs us down. Oh no, it is the stress of overbooked schedules, and the weight of life that sometimes feels oppressive and totally out of whack.
New York Times bestselling author Ruth Soukup feels your pain--she has been there too. Through personal stories, Biblical truth, and practical action plans, she will inspire and empower each of us to finally declutter not just our home, but our mind and soul as well. Unstuffed is real, honest, and gets right down to the question we are all facing--how can we take back our lives from the stuff that is weighing us down?
In this book, together we will:
• Create a comprehensive vision for our homes, and make instant changes to improve its overall function.
• Discover that more closet space is not the solution, and instead learn how to set strict limits for the stuff we bring in
• Overcome the frustration of dealing with our kids' influx of stuff and implement practical solutions for keeping the chaos at bay.
• Recognize the pitfalls of an overstuffed schedule BEFORE it gets out of hand, and instead learn to combat the culture of busy that keeps us running from one thing to the next.
• Finally conquer that mountain of paperwork that threatens to tumble down around us at any moment.
• Let go of the guilt that gets attached to gifts and instead learn to separate our loved ones from their stuff.
• Begin to cultivate our real friendships while eliminating the toxic relationships that weigh us down.
|About the Contributor(s)||Ruth Soukup
Ruth Soukup is a blogger, wife, mom, and New York Times bestselling author of Living Well, Spending Less. Her site, LivingWellSpendingLess.com, is one of the top personal finance and lifestyle blogs on the web, averaging more than a million visitors per month. She is also the founder of the Living Well Planner™ (www.LivingWellPlanner.com), an all-in-one tool to help you organize your goals, budget, and schedule. Ruth lives in Florida with her husband, Chuck, and two daughters, Maggie and Annie.
|Publish Date||Apr 5, 2016|
- Review by Dianna
It was easy to read. Full of helpful guidelines as well as truthful biblical principles. She helps you through the guilt stage of getting rid of stuff that people gave you that are no longer with you as well as how to keep the clutter of stuff, schedules and life in check.
Her ideas and tips go a long way in helping you figure out how much unstuffing you need to do. It will inspire you to get started and help you to manage it with good, easy to follow advice. Now its time for you to decide if you want to unstuff your life. (Posted on 4/7/2016)
- Review by Jean
This book is a quick read but I highly recommend taking your time and marking pages for reference. In addition to the amazing writing, Ruth offers worksheets, checklists and other information for decluttering your life. She will also be offering a DVD study to go along with the book. I can’t wait to check it out. (Posted on 4/5/2016)