Prepares moms for the time when their school-aged kids take their first few steps into the world and away from mama's nest.
Sending a child off to school is a whole lot more than stocking up on school supplies and packing a (somewhat) healthy lunch. This helpful guidebook walks Christian moms through:
- discovering a long-term vision for the person that Christ has purposed for your child to become
- instilling a sense of "who I am and where I came from" in your child
- choosing a school for your kids
- helping your kids to develop key attributes—courage, kindness, perseverance—that lead to success in school
- dealing with teachers, sports, and lessons
- navigating those difficult conversations that will come sooner rather than later
- a special feature includes sidebars "From the Principal's Office" with insights from a 35-year elementary school principal and educator
Moms will learn how to cover their children in prayer so that their launch into the world, and away from her control, is done with grace and wisdom—helping them grow into the men and women God intended them to be.
|About the Contributor(s)||Erin MacPherson
Erin MacPherson is a mom of three who never does anything halfway. When she discovered she was pregnant she decided to write about it—but then kept writing. A former staff writer and editor for Nickelodeon, Erin now entertains parents on her personal blog as well as through freelance magazine articles, devotionals and speaking. She wants to come beside her readers not only as a confidant and Christian sister, but also as a best girlfriend who understands what daily life is all about.
|Publish Date||Apr 9, 2013|
|Series||Christian Mama's Guide Series|