Spirit Hunger unwraps our heart’s desire to engage God, even when we cover that desire with lesser loves.
Meacham writes, “With the authenticity of my own life stories—marriage to a professional baseball player, struggles with severe food bondage, and a father who was a quadriplegic—I came to the crisp realization that my prayer life and the belief needed to match. Spirit Hunger provides a clear path towards matching these heart cries—leading away from crumbs and counterfeit, to a hungering for God.”
Relatable and relative, Gari addresses the following topics in Spirit Hunger:
- Longing and Numbing: Are these sighs of a hungry spirit?
- Believing: Is our prayer life really a worry life?
- Travailing and Shouldering: Do we understand how to pray with an intensity and intimacy?
- Questioning: What about the outcomes we can’t reason with or explain?
This DVD is designed for use with the Spirit Hunger Workbook (sold separately). When used together, they provide you with a practical tool that can strengthen your faith.
1. Hiding, Controlling, and Mocha Lattes
2. Engaging God: From Longing to Prayer
3. Whispers and Screams: How Do We Pray?
4. The Guts to Believe
5. Listening Postures
6. Who’s in Charge?
|About the Contributor(s)||Gari Meacham
Gari Meacham is a writer, speaker, and teacher. Her passion for the word of God has made her a popular speaker throughout the country. Gari currently resides in Houston, Texas where she regularly speaks and teaches at her home church, Second Baptist Church of Houston, one of the largest churches in the country.
|Publish Date||Nov 6, 2012|