Fascinating facts, figures, and foibles of the forty-two U.S. presidents and their first ladies.
Do you know . . .
- Which president could simultaneously write in Greek with one hand and in Latin with the other?
- As a young law student, what president broke into the dean's office at Duke University Law School?
- Which president, at age seventeen, underwent a gall bladder operation without anesthesia?
- Who was the first president to be born in the twentieth century?
- What was Bill Clinton's name at birth?
- When finding himiself short of funds during poker games, President Warren G. Harding sometimes used what White House items with which to ante?
- Which president became stuck in a White House bathtub?
- In the May 1995 issue of Outlaw Biker magazine, who was selected as "First Lady of the Century"?
- Early morning skinnydipping in the Potomac River was a frequent activity of which president?
- Who became president of the United States without having been elected as president or vice president?
In Presidential Trivia more than 1,200 unusual, interesting, and little-known facts are assembled in a volume that will tantalize the mind and teach history. It's a handy guide offering more than 200 years of facts about those who have served in the position that is today the most influential one in world politics. Presidential Trivia will encourage readers to learn more about each of the fascinating individuals who have served as president of the United States of America.
|About the Contributor(s)||Ernie Couch
Ernie Couch is a writer and graphic artist who lives in Nashville, Tennessee. He is the author of 16 books, including Presidential Trivia, Country Music Trivia, and Oklahoma Trivia.
|Publish Date||Mar 1, 1996|