In a behind-the-scenes, off-the-field glimpse into one of America's most beloved sports, Men of Sunday reveals how Sunday's greatest rely on God to face issues such as drug abuse, family crisis, injuries, and temptations resulting from fame and fortune.
Compiled from dozens of interviews, Men of Sunday marks the intersection of two Sunday traditions: faith and football. Inspired by the league's "systemic shift" toward embracing Christianity, Bloomberg writer Curtis Eichelberger shows how God is a source of comfort when facing the unique challenges of life in the NFL and the everyday challenges of maintaining strong families and building character.
Featured personalities include
- Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis
- New York Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson
- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers
- Former Chicago Bears middle linebacker Mike Singletary
- Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis
- Former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy
- San Diego Chargers pastor Shawn Mitchell
- Danisha Rolle, wife of former Tennessee and Baltimore defensive back Samari Rolle
- And many more
Men of Sunday is a must-have for any football fan, teaching the invaluable lesson of trusting in the Lord—both on and off the field.
|About the Contributor(s)||Curtis Eichelberger
Curtis Eichelberger is an award-winning sports reporter forBloomberg News. He has written about the National Football League for more than two decades, first covering the Denver Broncos for the Rocky Mountain News and later becoming the national NFL writer for Bloomberg News. He has won numerous awards. Eichelberger has a master's degree in Journalism from Georgetown University and is married to Judit.
|Publish Date||Aug 28, 2012|