This is a study about God’s love... and the most amazing thing about that love is that it’s not a bunch of rules or stuff we have to agree with. God’s love is different. It changes things. It’s active. It works. It risks. God’s love... does. Tapping into this love requires a different skill set than what it takes to memorize answers for a test. This isn’t a love we can earn, buy, or win. It’s something bigger and better. It’s something we discover more about by “doing stuff.”
This dynamic five-week church-wide campaign explores a different aspect of God’s active love as seen through the stories of Bob Goff. Five video sessions expand on Bob’s teaching in the bestselling book of the same name, combing teaching elements with interactive creative elements. The included study guide and DVD will help small groups and Sunday school classes dig into each topic through a guided Bible study and small-group time with discussion questions, hands-on exercises, and further activities for participants to engage the content on their own between sessions.
This church-wide campaign kit includes:
- One Love Does trade book
- One study guide (provides teaching notes, discussion questions, Bible study, between-session activities and a practical application called “Putting Love into Action,” which will give participants the opportunity to put the principles they have learned into practice)
- One DVD containing five small-group video sessions
- One Getting Started guide
- Access to five sermon outlines on smallgroupsource.com and all the church promotional materials needed to successfully launch and sustain a five-week church experience
- Love Does Action Guide (a small booklet containing practical ideas for how church members can put the principles outlined in Love Does into action during the week)
|About the Contributor(s)||Bob Goff
Bob Goff is the founder of Love Does, a nonprofit organization that operates schools and pursues justice for children in conflict areas such as Uganda, Somalia, Iraq, and other countries. Bob is a lawyer and serves as the Honorary Consul for the Republic of Uganda to the United States. He is adjunct professor at Pepperdine Law School and Point Loma Nazarene University and lives in San Diego with Sweet Maria, their kids, and extended family.
|Publish Date||Sep 20, 2016|