Explore the strange and shadowy side of the civil war . . . A fascinating collection of ghostly sightings, auspicious visions, audible manifestations, and uncanny premonitions.
- In 1872 a photographer who claimed he could capture the "essence' of dead relatives took an image purporting to show Mary Todd Lincoln with the protective ghost of Abraham Lincoln behind her.
- The spirit of George Washington who appeared to John C. Calhoun in the 1840s to persuade him not to dissolve the union.
- The nameless drummer boy from the Army of Ohio who still plays at the Shiloh battlefield
- The twentieth-century schoolchildren who heard the Irish brigade on the Antietam battlefield
- Teddy Roosevelt and First Lady Grace Coolidge who both claim to have enountered Abraham Linicoln in the White House
- Jefferson davis and his wife Varina who both have been seen at Fort Monroe, Virginia, where he was imprisoned after the War
|Contributor(s)||Christopher K. Coleman|
|Publish Date||Oct 1, 1999|