If you've always dreamed of having a beautifully decorated home but have no idea where to start, Decorating Without Fear is the book for you!
Interior designer Sharon Hanby-Robie, Allied member ASID, has more than thirty years of experience working with families to create stylish, inviting living spaces. Now you can easily attain a designer look for your home―one that reflects your personality and interests. Hundreds of photographs make this practical guide user friendly for even the least gifted decorator.
Even if you don't know Chippendale from Neoclassic, or chintz from damask, you can follow Sharon's step-by-step process to achieve the look you want. "Interior design style today is less about rules," Sharon writes, "and more about personalization and creating unique spaces that make sense for you and your family and the way you want to live."
Sharon shows you how to:
- Identify your own personal style preferences.
- Make every room in your home―from the living room to the laundry room―both beautiful and beautifully functional.
- Use texture and colors to create a rich sensory experience.
- Create perfect lighting, from chandeliers to bathroom vanity lights.
- Add stylish touches to floors, ceilings, walls, and windows.
- Arrange accessories with a designer's eye.
- Devise solutions for "problem" rooms that are too small or too tall.
Turn your home into the blissful sanctuary you've always wanted―with Decorating Without Fear holding your hand each step of the way.
|About the Contributor(s)||Sharon Hanby-Robie
Sharon Hanby-Robie is an interior designer and an Allied member of the American Society of Interior Designers. She is the resident home-décor expert and on-air personality at QVC, Inc. She is the author of several books including My Name Isn't Martha But I Can Renovate My House.
|Publish Date||Apr 17, 2007|