Travis Lofland makes his living as a deckhand and cook on the Bering Sea doing one of the deadliest jobs on the planet: Alaskan king crab fishing. But you don’t have to travel the seven seas to taste the best food the ocean has to offer.
In Catch!, Travis shares his secrets for navigating the high seas and making great food that will stick to your ribs. Whether you’re four or ninety-four, Travis believes that everyone has a bit of fisherman in them. And whether you’re cooking in a galley or on your porch, you’ll find great tips for putting smiles on hungry faces. So fire up the barbecue and call your crew. These recipes will put meat on your bones so you can return to the Bering Sea. Sample chapter titles and recipes include:
- Snag a First Date Appetizers: Sure to Impress Chipotle Avocado Brie Melt
- Soups and Manwiches: Slap a Smile on Your Face Ahi Sandwich
- Lose the Beer Belly Salads: Dutch Harbor Salmonberry Vinaigrette
- Excursion Entrees: At Sea Sashimi
- Boat Meals: Nuked King Crab Legs
- Tuck in Your Shirt, but Don’t Bother with the Tie Entrees: Reckless Red Salmon
- Desserts: Slimy Limey Coconut Sundae
|Contributor(s)||Travis Lofland, Chef Jason Lofland|
|About the Contributor(s)||Travis Lofland
Travis Lofland is a world traveler, adventurer, offshore powerboat racer, Bering Sea crab fisherman, and TV personality. For over 12 years he has cooked in some of the world's roughest waters and caught some of the freshest seafood on the globe. He is always on the lookout for his next big adventure.
Chef Jason Lofland
Jason Lofland trained at Le Cordon Bleu and has managed some of the top restaurants and resort restaurants in Alaska and Hawaii. From the time he was able to see over the stove he was cooking and integrating local flavors into tantalizing dishes. His motto is "You catch it, I'll cook it."
|Publish Date||May 1, 2012|