In A NATION OF SHEEP, Judge Andrew P. Napolitano frankly discusses how the federal government has circumvented the Constitution and is systematically dismantling the rights and freedoms that are the foundation of American democracy. He challenges Americans to recognize that they are being led down a very dangerous path and that the cost of following without challenge is the loss of the basic freedoms that facilitate our pursuit of happiness and that define us as a nation.
Judge Napolitano reminds readers what America is all about, that the purpose of government is to protect freedom, and freedom is the ability to follow your own free will and not the will of government bureaucrats. He asks the simple question, which are YOU, a sheep or a wolf? Do you blindly follow behind where you are led, or do you challenge the government at every pass, forcing it to make decisions that will protect our freedoms?
Judge Napolitano asks the questions that no one else will, challenging readers to rethink why they are blindly following a government that has only its own interests in mind. He asks:
- Why is the government using the war on terror as an excuse to sidestep the Constitution?
- Why are Americans not challenging and questioning the government as it continues to limit more and more of our freedoms?
- What part of "Congress shall make no law..." does the government not understand when it criminalizes speech?
- Whatever happened to our inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness that are proclaimed in the Declaration of Independence, guaranteed by the Constitution, yet ignored by the governments elected to protect them?
- Why does every public office holder swear allegiance to the Constitution, yet very few follow it?
- Don't we have rights that are guaranteed and cannot be taken from us?
|Contributor(s)||Andrew P. Napolitano|
|About the Contributor(s)||Andrew P. Napolitano
Judge Andrew P. Napolitano is Fox News Channel's senior judicial analyst, currently seen by millions of viewers weeknights on The Big Story and The O'Reilly Factor. Napolitano is the youngest person in New Jersey history to receive a lifetime judgeship. He is bright (graduate of Princeton and Notre Dame Law School), articulate (four times voted most outstanding professor at the two law schools at which he taught), and broadcast-experienced (as a daily fixture on Fox News Channel since 1998). He is the author of Constitutional Chaos and The Constitution In Exile.
|Publish Date||Oct 30, 2007|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $24.99
Special Price $17.49
Regular Price: $14.99
Special Price $10.49
Regular Price: $15.99
Special Price $11.19
Regular Price: $25.99
Special Price $18.19